I cannot publicly talk about the majority of the projects I work on. For those I could share publicly, you can see my GitHub page.
- Currently, I primarily work on data processing. I work as a software engineer on Google Cloud Dataflow and I am an Apache Beam PMC member. You could read some of my blog posts or watch my talks:
- Advanced patterns for Windows and Triggers - (Beam College 2021) - April 2021
- Machine learning patterns with Apache Beam and the Dataflow Runner, part I - December 2020
- Towards ML Engineering: A Brief History Of TensorFlow Extended (TFX) - September 2020
- Distributed Processing for Machine Learning Production Pipelines (Flink Forward 2020 Talk) - April 2020
- TensorFlow Extended: An End-to-End Machine Learning Platform for TensorFlow (Spark+AI 2019 Talk) - April 2019
- Apache Beam 2.11.0 - March 2019
- Apache Beam 2.8.0 - October 2018
- Cloud OnAir: Stream Processing with Cloud Dataflow: SDKs & Architectures (Webinar) - August 2018
- Learn About Stream & Batch Processing with Apache Beam (Meetup) - November 2017
- Dataflow Stream Processing now supports Python - June 2018
- Announcing general availability of Google Cloud Dataflow for Python - March 2017
- Python SDK released in Apache Beam 0.6.0 - March 2017
- Previously, I worked on a new operating system codenamed Midori at Microsoft. (Joe Duffy published a series of articles about Midori.)
- Before that, I was writing mobile standards, frameworks, applications with a focus on multimedia at SanDisk. I worked on projects such as the IEEE standard on media delivery (HQME) and one of the more successful premium music offerings of the time (Muve Music).
Occasionally I work on small projects in my free time:
- TextClue! is a text analysis tool to analyze free from user feedback.